Yes, we know washing your car is easy, but messing up your paint job is too. So follow these steps in order to keep your paint job in mint condition.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Plush Sponge
- 5-Gallon Bucket
- 1-Gallon Bucket
- Water Hose (connected to a water supply)
- Car Shampoo & Conditioner
- Microfiber Towel for Drying
- Microfiber Towel for Waxing
- Car Wax
- Wax Applicator
- Before bringing out the bubbles, think about where you’re going to park the car to get the job done. The key is to find a shaded area to prevent the sun from drying the car and creating water spots.
- Wet the surface of the car to loosen the dirt and bug stains.
- Add 1 ounce (4 capfuls) of car shampoo & conditioner to the 5-gallon bucket.
- Fill both buckets with water.
- Dunk your sponge into the soap bucket.
- In a circular motion wash the car from the top to the bottom.
- When the sponge becomes dirty, clean it off in the 1-gallon bucket and then dunk it back in the soap bucket.
- When finished with each section spray off soap and move on to the next section until the entire car is clean.
- To prevent water spots, take a microfiber towels and dry the car from top to bottom.
How To Hand Wax Your Vehicle
- Apply the wax to a foam applicator.
- Spread the product on the surface creating a thin, uniform layer.
- Reapply the wax to the pad as often as needed.
- Continue working around the vehicle until it is covered in a thin, even coat.
- When finished applying the wax, your car should be covered in a cloudy layer of wax.
- To determine when the wax is ready to be removed, swipe your finger across a section. If it smears, it’s not ready. If it’s clear, then it is time to remove the wax.
- In a gentle circular motion use a microfiber towel to remove the cloudy layer of wax.
- Show off your sleek ride to your friends.
- Valvoline does not endorse any of the products or manufacturers listed above. Use at your own risk.
- Prior to using or installing any of these products always consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual for compatibility and warranty information.